Welcome and thank you for viewing the Player Development page for the 2023/2024 season. We came up with a strategic plan last year and throughout the summer we have built off that plan. We recognize to be successful as an organization, we need to add to our structure and in some key areas. We are expanding on our Coaching, Player, and Goalie development that we started last year.
- Where are we heading:
- Player and goalie development
- Coach development
- How will we get there?
- How do we stay on the path?
- Our strategy is built on developing our members in some key areas:
- Coaching development
- Player and Goalie development
- Pre and In-season support
- Utilizing community experts and companies will be key to driving our strategy forward.
- We will support local knowledge that mirrors SGRA’s Mission, Value, and vision
Supporting our members by creating a pathway that will consist of clinics, education. That everyone can understand and follow
SGRA Pre-Season Support is focused on these requirements and initiatives;
- Coach Orientation meeting is facilitated early in the season.
- Coaching Clinics will be held before and at the early in the season
- On-Ice guest coaching and instruction sessions.
- Mentor coaches' program, where at least 2 coaches will be paired up to share their knowledge and resources
- On ice session to learn how to perform and teach the technical aspects of skating and player development
- Resources and shared information for team management requirements which include team set up and checklist information page to follow
Player and Goalie Long Term Athlete Development:
LTAD is a pathway for an athlete to follow optimal training, competition, and recovery from childhood to adulthood
Key aspects of the Ringette LTAD include;
- Guidance around specialization
- Information regarding sensitive periods of trainability.
- Details around periodization (How long the season should be)
- Detailed information on the developmental phases of young athletes
- Guidance on game structure
- Guidance on the skills to be taught during each phase of development.
- Key guidance on optimal practice to game ratio
- Works to establish contracts with service providers for power skating and dryland gym practices.
- Support the development of goalies, provide goalie clinics during the season to offer goalie specific training to all full time and part time goalies.
- The goal of the community Ringette program is to allow athletes to become well rounded confident athletes.
Long Term Ringette Resources:
Ringette Canada Home page for LTAD - Click Here
Ringette Canada LTAD Framework document - Click Here
SGRA Player Development Manual, Guidance and Principles - Click Here
Progression and Development Guides
The following guides were created by Ringette Canada to layout the 7 stage of LTAD.
Active Start - Stage 1
U10 - Stage 2 / Stage 3
U12 - Stage 3 / Stage 4
U14 - Stage 4
U16 - Stage 5
U19 - Stage 6
Open - Stage 7
Dates are tentative and may change. Information will be emailed out on a monthly basis about upcoming camps, clinics and in season support programs.
SGRA player development Strategic Plan for 2023/2024 season
- October TECHNICAL/TACTICAL/STRATEGIC
This season will consist of working with Coaches and Athletes., helping them expand on drills and plays they can use to based on there age group and skill level. At the end of the season the coached will have an expanded knowledge on some defensive and offensive plays they can use for practice and game purposes as well as have a visual document they can refer back to.
- November SHOOTING CLINC
This will be the same season we did before and focus on the fundamentals on how to shoot the ring properly.
- December POWER SKATING
Expand on the teams offensive and defensive plays and expanding on them. Focusing in on positioning and forward and defensive support and on what the coach feel what there team needs to focus on before playdowns/provincials or tournaments starts and budget Again coaches will take notes and will be provided a visual document.
Online information Sessions
- Coaching the female athlete
Tentative Cutting Edge Ringette - Winter Camp
December 27 - 29 or Jan. 2nd -5th - More Info Coming Soon
Tentative Breakfast Club if there is enough interest