Welcome and thank you for viewing the Player Development page. We have been working hard to come up with a strategic plan throughout the summer as we recognize to be successful as an organization, we need to provide some structure and content in some key areas. These areas are Coaching development (teach the teachers), Player and Goalie development.
- Where are we heading:
- Player and goalie development
- Coach development
- How will we get there?
- How do we stay on the path?
- Our strategy is built on developing our members in some key areas:
- Coaching development
- Player and Goalie development
- Pre and In-season support
- Utilizing community experts and companies will be key to driving our strategy forward.
- We will support local knowledge that mirrors SGRA’s Mission, Value, and vision
Supporting our members by creating a pathway that will consist of clinics, education. That everyone can understand and follow
SGRA Pre-Season Support is focused on these requirements and initiatives;
- Coach Orientation meeting is facilitated early in the season.
- Coaching Clinics will be held before and at the early in the season
- On-Ice guest coaching and instruction sessions.
- Mentor coaches' program, where at least 2 coaches will be paired up to share their knowledge and resources
- On ice session to learn how to perform and teach the technical aspects of skating and player development
- Resources and shared information for team management requirements which include team set up and checklist information page to follow
Player and Goalie Long Term Athlete Development:
LTAD is a pathway for an athlete to follow optimal training, competition, and recovery from childhood to adulthood
Key aspects of the Ringette LTAD include;
- Guidance around specialization
- Information regarding sensitive periods of trainability.
- Details around periodization (How long the season should be)
- Detailed information on the developmental phases of young athletes
- Guidance on game structure
- Guidance on the skills to be taught during each phase of development.
- Key guidance on optimal practice to game ratio
- Works to establish contracts with service providers for power skating and dryland gym practices.
- Support the development of goalies, provide goalie clinics during the season to offer goalie specific training to all full time and part time goalies.
- The goal of the community Ringette program is to allow athletes to become well rounded confident athletes.
Long Term Ringette Resources:
Ringette Canada Home page for LTAD - Click Here
Ringette Canada LTAD Framework document - Click Here
SGRA Player Development Manual, Guidance and Principles - Click Here
Progression and Development Guides
The following guides were created by Ringette Canada to layout the 7 stage of LTAD.
Active Start - Stage 1
U10 - Stage 2 / Stage 3
U12 - Stage 3 / Stage 4
U14 - Stage 4
U16 - Stage 5
U19 - Stage 6
Open - Stage 7
Dates are tentative and may change. Information will be emailed out on a monthly basis about upcoming camps, clinics and in season support programs.
Coaching Development (Teach the Teachers) Preseason Support
September 18th - Coaching Director will provide documentation to all Head Coaches that include and explains a Yearly Training Plan (YTP). Coaches will be asked to complete a YTP.
September 30th - Coaches own YTP is due to the Coaching Director
October 10th - Third party National Ringette Coach will do a in-class session to discuss YTP.
October 18th - Coaches modify their plans if necessary and submit their final draft to the Coaching Director
November 7th - Third party National Ringette Coach will complete on ice review with coaches, check in on how their season is going, provide practice plans, and recourse based on the coaches’ requirements.
Coaches will be provided an opportunity to attend NRL RUSH practices.
October 2- 8th Dryland options and information sessions
October 10 - 14th Power skating
October 24 - 27th Passing/shooting and goalie clinic
Online information Sessions
- Coaching the female athlete
Cutting Edge Ringette - Winter Camp
December 27 - 30 - More Info Coming Soon