Ringette For All
Ringette for All (RFA) Registration is currently open for Fall & Winter 2023/2024
The SGRA is very excited to offer our first Ringette for All (RFA) season! This is an inclusive program for children with cognitive and/or physical disabilities or challenges. Through a fun and safe environment the RFA players will learn the fundamentals of the sport as well as develop life skills that will benefit them in and out of the rink.
If you can't skate, no problem! If you don't know Ringette, we will teach you!
We feel no one should be excluded from sport and everyone should have the opportunity to experience the incredible benefits of being part of a team.
All abilities are welcome - All are part of the team!
- We are offering one session of RFA for the 2023/2024 season. The session will be 7 weeks in length.
- Sessions will take place at the Tri Leisure Centre. Dates and times will be posted as soon as possible.
- The registration fee is $150
- There is room for a maximum of 15 players from ages 5-18. Registration will remain open though the season, based on availability. You will be added to the wait list if registration is full. Please register if you're interested in this program as it will help us plan for next years' numbers.
- Our goal is to develop a program where all players feel safe, have fun and are challenged to grow and develop at their level. Players will develop their skills, be part of a team, make friends, and build their self confidence.
- Sessions are led by Volunteer Coaches who are supported on ice by Junior Coaches. We will meet each player at their level, providing one-on-one support based on each child's needs.
- Players do not have to reside in the Spruce Grove, Stony Plain or Parkland County area. We welcome players from all over the greater area.
- Currently working on getting sludge sleds for our sessions and will advise once they are secured.
- For financial assistance for fees and equipment you can contact Home - KidSport Parkland (kidsportcanada.ca)
If a player registers and subsequently notifies in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel their registration up to 2 weeks after the posting of the date and time for the sessions, all fees will be refunded.
Following the 2 weeks, fees will be refunded less a $30 non-refundable registration fee. Any requested refunds after the start of the sessions will be managed on an individual basis.
Here is the list of recommended equipment:
- CSA approved helmet with ringette mask (triangle-shaped holes to protect against the square ended stick)
- neck guard
- shoulder pads
- elbow pads
- shin pads
- ringette pants and girdle OR hockey pants and socks
- ringette stick
Players require a helmet with Ringette cage and skates. A full set of Ringette equipment is strongly recommended.
If you are interested in joining our coaching staff as an Assistant or Junior Coach, please email email@example.com for full details and requirements.
TO REGISTER NOW:
To register online please CLICK HERE