RAB - Season End Scenario
To: All Ringette Alberta Members and Registered Participants
From: David Myers, Executive Director
Re: Season End Scenario
Date: January 19, 2021
Many of you are wondering about the rest of this season and how long we wait for health restrictions to be rescinded to allow us to return to play vs. just cancelling the season.
Yesterday, Ringette Alberta met with local associations and leagues to agree on a path forward. The following reflects that discussion & decision.
- The final date for league play will be March 31, 2021. Leagues will not schedule beyond this date.
- Local associations with ice available to them after March 31 may use that ice for sanctioned activities.
- If / when the province allows us to return to ringette, each association (youth) and each team (adult) will inform their respective league of their intent to participate and the ice they have available.
- The leagues will build a schedule.
- A minimum of a 4-week schedule needs to be possible.
- To implement a minimum of a 4-week season schedule, the current health restrictions must be rescinded by February 11, 2021 or earlier.
- If the health restrictions are lifted before February 11, the length of the league schedule will be extended accordingly.